Thursday, March 4, 2010

Terrence Reflection : National Museum

I have to admit that after the World War 2 site, my camera was almost out of film :)
I managed to catch a glimpse of the advertisements that reflected on the negative feelings towards the Japanese and also specifying the Allied spirits within the Allied troops. For example, the Japanese was pictured as monsters in the posters. There were also remains of magazines that showed the Japanese trying to create an impression of the order and progress achieved the Occupation.

I also noticed a reference paper that listed a set of guidelines for the Singaporeans to observe durng Air raid period. Even though it wasn't something special, I am pretty sure that present Singaporean young students would never have a chance to see one except in Museum.

There were also a cluster of bicycles that were in display as well. After taking a closer look, I realised that those bicycles were actually used by the Japanese soldiers to travel faster to their destination. It was described in one of the posters saying,"those long legged white-skinned men are unable to beat the yellow-skinned men in their bicycles."

No comments:

Post a Comment